Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Tomorrow… Marshfield

New picture I just HAD to put in! The Cities of Marshfield & Wisconsin Rapids of Wood County were ranked 14th in America, 3rd in the Midwest and 1st in Wisconsin as best cities to live in. Marshfield is also ranked as the 8th best "Dream City" in America. Elevation: 1280 feet Land area: 12.7 square miles Do not know if we will have time to do anything more than knit: BUT I found a Botanical Garden close by! And we all know how I love gardens, ha ha ha! Foxfire Gardens - privately owned gardens named for the ghostly, bluish light sometimes seen over marshes and graveyards. Foxfire is a garden dedicated to ponds, waterfalls, stonework and many different varieties of hosta. Then there are also the famous Cheeses that quite possibly could be shipped home. Now there is a thought. Bottom line is that now I am packed the car cleaned out and loaded so now I can sit back and relax? Got some awesome rocks for our Koi pond today from the Honeymoon trip and goo gobs more wedding pictures. I will be posting them when I return. Of course I shall also be taking pictures of our stay there. The weather is as HUMID there as it is here! It will be hard to get me up at 2 am so I can slowly wake up and drive Lucy and I to Charleston. It is overcast here now and I am dreading fog on the road to Charleston, let alone deer bounding about. Travel PC is packed so there is a chance I will have time to play with new pictures and of course Blogging. HA HA!

No comments: