Saturday, July 15, 2006

Getting carded is still a thrill

Last evening I walked across the street to the local Super Market for a few odds an ends. Since we have a fridge in the room as well as a microwave I got some small containers of fresh fruit for tomorrow or whenever. I of course scoped out the spice aisle for anything different. I even did that when I was in Japan, and have the pictures to prove it. [Silly tourist] After procuring deodorant, more Ziploc bags for the new projects and finally real cigarette lighters [I was tired of sucking sulfur] I checked out the local wines. I inquired of the young cashier if she knew of any local wineries; she deferred me to the manager. Task accomplished I proceed to check out, after inquiring if the other items could be taken care of with the wine. All was good to go UNTIL she asked for my I.D. Needless to say the look on my face was that of incredulous amazement. Store policy she told me, but she called the Manager that had assisted in the Wisconsin Wine selection and he gave an all clear. I walked back to the Hotel beaming quietly to myself! The people I have met here in this area are wonderful and so very friendly. A lovely town it tiz!

No comments: