Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Home Sweet Home and Queen of the Night

I left at 2 am last Thursday and I arrived back at 2 am today. No rain this time and minimal fog. I had a grand reception even for that time of the am. My Sweetie and George. I however had to sit for about 45 minutes to recoup so I could relax and actually sleep. With all the “THINGS” still swirling in my mind reality does begin. Laundry! HA! I need to tour the grounds to see my flora and what has shown or begun to show its self. I did spy while I was tending to George two buds of my most favorite and aged 18-year-old Night Blooming Cereus. A total of three all captured here. Before I left I could barely see the beginnings on one bud, the exhilaration of all things that have greeted me on my return.

One midsummer's night each year, its exquisitely scented flower opens as night falls, then closes forever with the first rays of the morning sun. Epiphyllum oxypetalum.

4 comments:

Tene Murray said...

I love the plant - but what is the greenery behind the first photo - kinda purplish???

DeeMom said...

an indoor plant that I take out to the shaded area for summer, a purple clover that is abundant @ St. Pat's Day

DeeMom said...

Ok OK it was bugging me to remember the name, so after 2 hours of weed eating I Googled it...TADA I was correct. That always is a good feeling.
Oxalis, a low-growing plant that bears clover-like leaves and small pink or white flowers. Oxalis, a low-growing plant that bears clover-like leaves and small pink or white flowers.

Oxalis deppei
http://www.fourleafclover.com/cgi-bin/i-merchant/i-merchant.cgi?page=seed.htmlhttp://www.fourleafclover.com/cgi-bin/i-merchant/i-merchant.cgi?page=seed.html

http://www.backyardgardener.com/ginsburg/column111.html

Tene Murray said...

Thanks - it's beautiful!