Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Booty

I got my Sweetie some to die for Chocolates, cheese, wines and a new Rooster. The Rooster will be in the kitchen as we have a Monet thing going on there. The Chocolates are totally his while we will share the rest of the bootie. The first I choose was a Cranberry Wine The second a Blueberry Wine The cheeses were procured from Figi’s. The cheeses I chose were Wisconsin Blueberry White Cheddar Cheese Cheddar cheese regular style, an Australian Cheddar and upon the recommendation of the clerk, a processed American cheese with Onions. She said it was awesome on grilled hamburgers. HA guess what’s for dinner this evening? Hamburgers with our own tomatoes and lettuce and the last cheese mentioned. How kewl is that? This excerpt was taken from the web page and I found it to be totally true. As you walk the main street lined with small shops, you'll find people greet one another with a smile and more often than not, a name. You'll meet friendly, hard-working families who produce the wonderful cheeses, meats and fresh produce Wisconsin is known for. This is the birthplace of Figi's Gifts in Good Taste, and the neighborly, small-town feeling is an inherent part of the way we do business, and of who we are. We dined at Meg Swanson sisters Restaurant, The Kitchen Table, the food was incredible and the people mirrored the comment above. My friend Lucy had the Greek Omelet; it was too early to eat that much for me so I had the granola and fruit. DANG it was good. Ha now to replicate what my friend had. Drats and I had a chance to buy her Cookbook and didn’t. Geesh as it was I purchased @ 13 pounds of books! As for the Rooster I got for my Sweetie, and of course Frogs for me [NO BRAINER THERE , a maven if you will…An expert, connoisseur, or enthusiast. [From Yiddish meyvn, from Hebrew mebhin (one who understands).] They came from the Hosta Gardens I visited.

No comments: