Thursday, July 13, 2006

The plane had problems…

BUT I made it. I GOT UP AT 1:10 am ‘cause I was excited. OK I said it… It was pouring rain, the thunder rolled around like a bad grape looking to escape down the gullet of a sick raccoon. Our flights were to be together, but after Detroit that was not going to happen. So I got to wait in the airport for a splendid 4 hours. Let me digress. It was raining when I left. I saw a 7 point buck cross the road before I picked Lucy up. Then as I was getting closer to her home he rain turned into a mist, as a bunny scampered across the road. The further we traveled South the rain would be non existent in some areas and then in others pick up for a few minutes. That was before we reached the outskirts of Charleston. Then it rained beaucoup buckets might as well add a few cats and dogs to the mix. I deposited Lucy at the entrance to the airport and then parked the car. My rain coat sucks. By the time I walked about 300 yards the legs of my jeans were wet up to my knee pits. The “COAT” did not dispel ANY Agua…my shoes were a joke as the water flowed over and thru them like it was high tide. On the first leg of the flight the AC was so high and I was water logged that it was very uncomfortable. The flight attendant got a blanket for me and I quickly fell into a dull, cold sleep. Lucy was not wet. By the time we got to Detroit I was dry and somewhat wrinkled. HA! Her flight took off within 10 minutes. I amused my self with people watching and every now and again reading my book. So I board the flight, sitting next to this delightful woman originally from Holland. She next to the window would comment on what she could see, which was delightful. That is UNTIL the pilot announced a SMALL problem with one on the planes controls. Well what could one do other than sit and wait for the plane to return back to Detroit. We had just gotten over the edge of Lake Superior and the sun and clouds were beautiful. The deal was, so saith the Pilot, that if the “problem” could be fixed we would turn around and fly back out to Wausau. HA! As I turned out we were told to sit tight and things would workout. That being that the problem was not going to be a Quick Fix and we were to change planes. BUT, that took time…Here is the disgusting part. Two men of enormous height and loudness decided to stand in the isle for the interim. Big deal? Well ya, one was standing just in front of me in the aisle, and the other one decided to stand just behind me. So my VIEW was disgusting. We boarded the new plane and the BUTT man said to me, “Umm I saw a lady that looked just like you on my last flight. I was so proud of me as I immediately responded, “oh I am so sorry for you!” As it was obvious he DID NOT GET IT, he added the comment to my seat mate from Holland, “and you too lady.” I answered for her saying she, my seat mate was doubly sorry for his stress. Bottom line we are here and all is good.

No comments: