Friday, June 16, 2006

None were caught last evening…but

WAR has been declared While it was great not having to cook, clean up dishes or mow for a few days, let’s face it Reality is here. We knew before we left for DC that the raccoons were making their midnight raids to the cat food dish. What we did not know was there were @ 10 that appeared last Wednesday, the 7th. Armed, or rather Have a heart in hand we have so far snared two of the group. Least some of you think we are being cruel, we use the Have a hart Traps. I chuckled while preparing the bait for my sweetie to use in the traps. Raccoons dearly love cat food to be sure but we use open-faced PB Sammys for the trap. I look at the PB jar and it is Lo Cal and the bread is also low cholesterol. How funny is that? Need more PB for sure…;) ‘cause I slather it on! Wednesday and Thursday I have been mowing and weed eating and gardening for at least 6 hours [per day] and I can report today I am 2/3 's finished... you think I am kidding? Yesterday was neat in that while I was riding my tiny lawn tractor Fred’s brother was haying our fields. Up close to the big barn we both stopped to chat a bit and saw one of the deer skittering through the freshly mown hay toward the creek. So neat! Today re staking the tomato plants that have outgrown the short stakes. Fertilize the garden and finish the mowing. While I imaging this sounds totally mundane to many but this is quality-thinking time and I really enjoy it. For instance, it gave me a change to watch the goslings with their family and the wee ones trying to make more than a peeping sound. The cutest was the four babies cuddling into their Mom’s wing as they sat to rest for a brief time. First one goes in under her wing then the rest follow, they wiggle about and soon the had of one pops through her feathers, then more heads…man that was so neat. Big plans for this weekend, Father’s Day and we are going to fell three trees …tee hee we are such cutups!

No comments: