Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Carmona’s WARPED Marguerites

Three of my dearest girlfriends invited me to lunch today. I did not catch on when Lucy asked me what I was doing today [that was yesterday]. I said I was mowing and weed eating. She said “Why?” I said, “It needed to be done”. She said, “But it’s your Birthday”! My response was yeah but it needs done. Later last evening Connie called and asked what I was doing and I went through a similar round with her. She said, “got time for lunch?” I lied and said well ok…obviously I was not thinking clearly…[when I got home at 4:25 p.m. it was apparent the shoemaker’s elves had NOT visited] Connie added that CJ needed help setting the WARP on her loom. OK said I, never having done this before…setting the WARP that is. I convinced myself to weed eat in the early am before I was picked up for lunch. That did not happen. We congregated at CJ’s about 11:00 a.m. I was given some darned neat gifts; awesome cards and then we began Warping…Then lunch at this really neat Mexican Restaurant in Buckhannon. It was wonderful and I might add the Strawberry Marguerite was mighty good. It was so good looking that the rest of them ordered one as well. Meanwhile behind my back Lucy was signing to the waitress, I gave it no attention ‘cause Lucy taught signing and I just figured she was talking to her. But then how would I know what the gestures meant. HA HA! I was bestowed, while only on a temporary basis a Sombrero and had this huge Fried Ice cream dessert, and of course I was sung to by the wait staff. How kewl was that? Then back to CJ’s to finish 18 yards of Warping. Bottom line we got it finished! Thanks ladies, sure beats mowing and weed eating. My parting words were “can we do this again really soon?” We all had a Blast. So June 24the we shall return to celebrate Connie’s Birthday and I will have my camera this time! Great restaurant for sure! …As well as the strawberry Marguerite! Tomatoes shown here were raised from seed by Lucy…she is not only my knitting mentor but a Tomato mentor. Ours are almost ready to turn…

No comments: