Tuesday, May 23, 2006

YO, K, TOG, PSSO and all that Yarn

…And even the dreaded P2SSO I have not really picked up a set of needles since I completed The Wedding Shawl this past March. Last week at Guild, I began mapping out what I needed to knit that would work into the MOVIE theme genre for the Knitting camp. I settled on the movie National Velvet, I have the hat and the crop, the yarn is HUNTER Green chenille and I am commencing a vest. Maybe Stephanie will lend me her riding boots! I am going to attempt to knit this vest then after the camp give it to Steph, since she is really into horses. My Mentor, much more adept at knitting than I just completed a most amazing circular shawl…the color/theme???? The Color Purple!!! In mid July Lucy and I will fly off the Wisconsin for Camp/Retreat Knitting camp. A mixture of intermediate and expert knitters and Plenty of Show and Tell, mini-workshops and group discussions highlight this session. Location is Marshfield, Wisconsin and Meg Swansen’s Knitting Camp. Of course we will be tantalized with yummy yarns, books and accessories to buy. Not only are we to do a Theme thing, but also we can take a project that we need help on. I am taking a knitted coat that is almost finished that was promised to our youngest daughter when I first took up knitting almost two years ago. I am slightly apprehensive of my tension differences from that project ant the length of time that has passed. I figure with all those people whom will know far more than I that the help I seek will be there. I know a completed project is a good thing, for me as well as our daughter. Posted by Picasa

No comments: