Friday, May 05, 2006

Got to Hand it to ya

Jackie made it seem so right! Manicures and shapely nails! Gads, last time I really gave thought to this was the summer of 1974. I allowed myself to also go outside and tan. Of course that was back in the day when you would lay out in your back yard with your friends and spritz! Fact is I always hated the “sitting out” thing, a waste of my time and totally boring. I was modest, I only Spritzed with water, others used Baby oil and even added a few drops of mercurochrome to help darken their skin! EWWW and deep-fried them selves! Besides the baby oil attracted teeny little annoying bugs. Sometimes those nasty little bugs flew up you nose. EWWW! As if just being out there was not torture enough. The game plan was this; you would read a book and have the radio on whilst baking your body. I was determined that on my wedding day people would be able to see where I began and ended and where the dress began and ended. HA silly me. I did well getting my back baked but tell you the truth reading on your back as the sun streams down makes reading NOT fun. As I was gardening yesterday, YES I HAD GLOVES ON. These memories rushed back. I remember Mom did all the dishes cause I wanted my hands to look nice. Here I am again, while not the center of attention I think of my hands. Sure I want them to look nice, but how am I going to garden? Honestly I am sure no one will notice. Umm, maybe wearing gloves in the OLDE Days was a COVER UP??? I think I need to get 5 pairs of gardening gloves so I can change them every time I do something. Geesh the dirt still gets inside the gloves. The good part is I am not likely to get poison ivy! Do I need to insure my body in case I need cosmetic surgery OR just insurance until after the wedding! OH GADS, that would be horrid. The MOB with the Ivy! A Horror movie in the making! A lovely dress complemented with shades of PINK Ivy lotion ewwwwwwwwwwwww. I think I am crawling back into bed. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

DeeMom said...

I tried it once, I had streaks...ummm rhymes with freaks:)Seems I forgot to do my knee pits!

Both daughters? That does not surprise me.

Think I will just stick with my Tractor Tan. So calling me a redneck is OK! Tee hee