Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The 15th Table

Or soup to nuts Sounds weird but it made me reflect! The tables must be splendid for the Wedding. The adornments perfectly fitted with the theme, the people, and the outside of the SBH! Creating a special table décor by using the season’s flowers and candles. Floating candles, container for said. Off to Pier One! Do you know how difficult it is to find floating candles here in the boonies? Several years ago they were everywhere. What happened? This actually began months ago when our eldest daughter wanted a ‘certain’ colour. Prices etc set in and I said I would take care of the tablecloths! Heaven help me Hanna! I shopped everywhere. There are NO tablecloths the colour she wants, wrong time of year! Reminds me of one of our children saying, when they were little “Let me TINK”! So I TINKED, low and behold I had a plan and it worked. Sheets, yup less expensive when bought in sets and sturdy enuff for table topping. Ummmmmmm the Cogs still work, which is a good thing. My Florist friend Judie and I got some STUFF together, from vases to silks…BUT we were shy ONE centerpiece. Undercover Florists what fun that trip was. Time to TINK again! Tomorrow off in the mail the remaining centerpiece! All that remains is bringing the tablecloths to DC! WHEW. Good things happen when all help in the effort. I think I found the PERFECT Floater… Got to e-mail the Bride…OH it is so totally awesome.

1 comment:

DeeMom said...

so welcome RKM and Ussmartina make mine a Strawberry daiquiri :)