Monday, May 22, 2006

A Sturgeon Sky

While enjoying one day without rain, this morning the sky reminds me of the scales on a Sturgeon. Today, [Sunday] there is/was a slight chance of rain and temperatures in the high 60’s. We hope to get the garden totally ready for my plants that are getting so cramped in the cold frame. The other magnificent thing about all the rain is that the Koi pond suffers no longer from tilts, bulges and or leaks. My sweetie is off to Lowe’s to get a saw blade so he can cut bricks that will enhance the upper part of the Koi pond. The rain also enhanced the setting of the plants around that area as well as the plentiful sheep manure J.J. gave us for our veggie garden. He raises sheep and cattle. My sweetie asked that I take a picture of the sheep doo doo so he could show it to J.J. Funny how Poo can make one happy? J.J. is the most awesome man of @ 80 that makes his own Pure Maple Syrup and always has a lovely smile on his face, especially when he comes here bearing yet another bottle of his syrup for my sweetie. The garden is ready to plant in, Monday evening for the corn and the beans. I however hope to get the tomatoes, pepper plants, celery, and eggplant in out of the cold frame. As for now every bone & muscle in my body aches, even my toe knuckles… Tote That Shrub, Lift That Kale!

No comments: