Thursday, July 05, 2007

Rain Glorious RAIN

Yesterday we almost got the Surprise THING up for my Sweetie BUT. We were under a tornado watch. The work halted for good reason. Today it has continued to rain, which we sorely need. The roofers were not here and it was wonderfully quiet. A much needed respite for me. As for the SURPRISE for my Sweetie, ha ha now it is too wet…maybe this weekend. Indiscriminate thoughts as the earth drinks in the sweetness…
Singing in the Rain I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain
What a glorious feeling I'm happy again
thumbs up...thumbs up (do the motion)
Creedence Clearwater Revival Have You Ever Seen The Rain? Someone told me long ago there’s a calm before the storm… Rain I opened my eyes
And looked up at the rain,
And it dripped in my head
And flowed into my brain,
And all that I hear as I lie in my bed
Is the slishity-slosh of the rain in my head.
I step very softly,
I walk very slow,
I can't do a handstand--
I might overflow,
So pardon the wild crazy thing I just said--
I'm just not the same since there's rain in my head.
Shel Silverstein

No comments: