Monday, May 07, 2007

Street Sense and Mint Juleps

And Cinco de Mayo celebrations behind us we plod onward. The Traditional drink of Kentucky and the Kentucky Derby is the Mint Julep. We have a mint bed, in fact there has been one here since we first moved into our home. Thanks in part to a dear friend and a Judge, but that is another story. This year Mom G # 1 took over our mint patch and produced 5 lovely offspring. Now that she is off the mint is Spring back in leaps and bounds. My Sweetie is still feeling under the weather and I feel sure he regrets [or should] some of the outside work he did yesterday. I on the other hand continued to weed eat and mow when I should not have. He gave me his cold. I told myself I would behave today and not over due. HA! Lets see how long that lasts. I do believe I found the cure for the Common Spring cold though. YUP, I fried some potatoes in bacon grease and added ramps. I figure once digested then working out in the hot sun would cleanse us from inside out, aka Sweat it out! Of course the potatoes were served with bacon, sunny side up eggs and toast. Ramps are native to eastern North America, ranging from the rich, moist woodlands of Nova Scotia and southern Quebec, south through New England and the central Appalachian states, down into the cool upland portions of Georgia, and as far west as Iowa and Minnesota. Some May Holidays May 12, 1820: FLORENCE NIGHTINGALE'S BIRTHDAY Mothers Day May 13 AND Frog Jumping Day - May 13 "Frog Jumping Day celebrates Mark Twain's 'jumping frog’, which made him famous. But here are some neat ones… May 7 - The Beatles released their last single as a group "The Long & Winding Road" on May 7, 1970. Also International Tuba Day, Paste Up Day, and National Roast Leg of Lamb Day May 14 is . . .National Dance Like A Chicken Day May 24 is . . . National Escargot Day Lesser known holidays for mirth and pleasures!

No comments: