Sunday, May 20, 2007

Mellow Yellow

Donovan ~ Mellow Yellow I'm just mad about Saffron,A-Saffron's mad about me.I'm a-just mad about Saffron,She's just mad about me.They call me mellow yellow. They call me mellow yellow. They call me mellow yellow. This song came to mind as I watched our American Goldfinch! Shimmering’s of Yellow, Red, Brown, Green ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ It is a bit warmer in the am these last two days, by 10 degrees since Friday. The rain was wonderful and allowed the birds to feast, the grasses to grown, the roots of many plants and trees to expand. With my Audubon and Peterson Guide books on birds open up I identify, for sure, the Yellow finches. The humming birds are grateful for the feeders I put up two weeks ago, always a delight to see them from my kitchen window. I wanted to be sure it was not an Evening Grosbeak! This year I have continued to maintain one bird feeder full of food because this is the season that the birds are having families and I felt it was a good idea to keep the feeders up through this particular season. This morning, besides the finches cavorting through the leaves of the Pin Oak the Cardinals were a hoot. The Male Cardinal would get a seed for his mate then feed it to her…Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

No comments: