Saturday, December 02, 2006

Wind and Rain can Dampen the Spirit????????

The last day I allotted myself to finish the outdoor decorating, or so I thought. The winds were gusting to 50 mph or more and the rain came down in buckets as the saying goes. The skies in the early morning proclaimed what was to come. Temperatures have been ranging in the high 6o’s to low 70’s for the past week and a half. The bottom was coming. While getting one decoration completes and another ready to assemble the rains pelted through my sweatshirt forcing me to retreat. While sitting in the Nook I surveyed the trees swaying violently as the rain permeated the once clean windows of my retreat. As quickly as the rains came they relented. I finished sipping my coffee and watched the Twizler nestled at the base on the Pin Oak seeing a ‘fly by’ breakfast. A gust of wind forced the Twiz into an almost spread eagle poses against the base of the tree. The wind was fierce. Once the gust had diminished Twiz moved to the other side of the tree to hide from the wrath of the winds and perchance the opportunity to continue his fast food breakfast. There was to be no finishing the lights as the rain began once again. I take off to seek help in a knitting project and go to the grocery and then to see Happy Feet. Nothing went right. The person I needed help from was not there, and the winds were so intent that the theater has to close due to the electricity going out. So why go to the grocery I asked myself. Home again and George is delighted that he can once again be inside. I am home alone as my Sweetie is at an all day and all night seminars. It is with great happiness that he calls to inform me that all is well. Of course the winds and rains are still going on. I try so hard to stay awake until he returns. I make it until 10pm then off I go to bed. Poor Sweetie gets in at 11:30pm. So today I shall finish the outside light go to the grocery get help on the project, see Happy Feet and come home to someone besides George. WVU plays their last regular season game tonight at 7:45 against Rutgers. Lets hope they win this one! The Weather might be a factor. It’s No. 13 Rutgers (10-1, 5-1 Big East) -- yes, one-time doormat Rutgers -- that can earn its first Bowl Championship Series berth and conference title with a win Saturday at No. 15 West Virginia (9-2, 4-2), a team it's never beaten in Morgantown. Let’s Goooooooooooooo Mountaineers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: