Wednesday, December 13, 2006

White-knuckling

(HWYT NUK-uhl) adjective -Anu Garg (garg wordsmith.org) Characterized by extreme nervousness or fear.[From the appearance of blood-drained fists, clenched tightly aroundsomething, such as a fairground ride, or in my case yet another visit to the Dentist.] I awoke this morning feeling like I had toted that barge, lifted many a bale. For sure neither was the case in fact nor the Jerome Kern song of Ol' Man River. Nonetheless major pain all over my body. It all went back to yesterdays dental visit. While She, my new endodontist, is gentle and good I was deprived of my Nitrous oxide [N2O]. Aka, Laughing Gas, the main use for N2O is usually as a mild sedative and analgesic. It helps to allay anxiety that many patients may have toward dental treatment, and it offers some degree of painkilling ability. Decades ago when my teeth decided to be in need of root canals. More than 95 percent of root canal treatments are successful. However, sometimes a case needs to be redone due to diseased canal offshoots that went unnoticed. WOW I am the lucky one, Yippeee Skippy! Neat pictures here. So I did without the Gas, because she finds the equipment in her way as she does her procedures. After getting the first of four teeth redone I sure understand that. While I woke up with incredible body pain I will attempt to GUT this one out, at least one more time. On her behalf, she said if I felt I really needed it she would supply it. I must say I love my Dentist he is a GAS! While I thought I was over needing gas yesterday was a true indication that I am not.

No comments: