Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Baby its Cold Inside

While not quite Bing Crosby singing Baby It’s Cold Outside I knew something was amiss. The temperature in the family room was 66 and dropping, first indication! "The song, originally performed by Betty Garrett and Red Skelton in the film Neptune's Daughter, won the Academy Award for Best Song in 1949... It was my pleasure to get the gas going back into the house. While this is really no big deal, other than the inconvenience of the hurry up and waiting. That is to say once the furnace maintains a certain temperature then I can light the Hot water tanks. All is a staggered operation and frankly is a pain in the Mane. That comment goes back to a children’s book that I read to our kids. I am sure you get the drift. With this in mind the baking will have to wait until mid afternoon, which is fine, what else can I do about that? So the electric works and the dryer is repaired. HA HA! Finish the laundry and get the last of the outside lights up as the temperatures will be in the 50’s today before plummeting again this evening. Ya know maybe by the weekend I will get to see HAPPY FEET. I have attempted to see this movie four times and something always gets in the way. Shucky Darn, as one of the kids coined this phrase many years ago.

No comments: