Monday, December 11, 2006

Environmentally Happy Feet~

The word triumph starts with "try" and ends with...? UMPH! Finally after two weeks trying to see this movie I finally made it. A low-key sunny day that made taking my Sweetie to a Matinee just too perfect. You have to give my Sweetie credit, this was not one of HIS kind of movie, and he suffered quietly and with dignity. It is sort of funny that the last movie we went to together was March of the Penguins. Actually a good companion movie as March did prepare one for many attributes of the Emperor Penguins that other wise one would not have been aware of. All the music in the film was too perfect, from songs made famous by the Beatles, the Beach Boys, Earth, Wind & Fire, Queen, and Stevie Wonder, among others. Goodness we were in our music generation if nothing else. I did latch onto at least one Punny; The scene with the Elephant Seals where Raul says, “I don't think they are penguin eaters, are they?” Ramón: “I believe they are herbivores.” Raul: “Uh?”
Ramón: “You know, kelp suckers!” The penguin society places a high value on conformity. My Sweetie commented as we left the movie,” If they thought Bambi was too violent for kids, this one is darned Scary.” Bottom line I enjoyed seeing it and am anticipating several more movies soon. December 15 Eragon, December 22 We Are Marshall. Then a long wait for "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," which doesn't reach theatres until summer 2007. I feel sure there will be some good ones to view in the interim. I am not too sure about Charlotte's Web the book was too perfect. Although Night at the Museum looks interesting. I am just derned happy we can continue getting to see Ugly Betty.

No comments: