Sunday, December 24, 2006

The Day of Christmas Eve

7 a.m. and all is quiet. Falcour lies in wait of his master and slowly re accepts me. The tree is decorated, with the exception of the topper, which will be applied when my Sweetie returns, last minute stuff at the office. The extended family Christmas dinner was last evening. We have done this for the second year and I do believe it works well for us. It seems it is more laid back this way, takes the edge off a tad. All of Christmas Eve day to RELAX… What a concept…HA! About 2 p.m. yesterday in between my preparation of Carrots Lyonnaise [(France) most recipes that have Lyonnaise in the title contain onions.], and the Twice Stuffed Baked Potatoes, I managed to finish one more knitted Project. WHEW! Just in time as it was opened after we had dinner. This year I have knitted our daughters, my sister- in – law, and my two nieces my marriage, STUFF! Well heyya there, I can’t give it all away yet, it is ONLY Christmas Eve Day! So far the reactions have been good. Sure makes me feel especially good when the labors of my project are so well received. Is that not what Christmas is all about? Giving from the heart! Not just getting STUFF with little to no thought about the bigger picture. Ummm, might just be a ME thing. I remember as a little girl making stuff from paper, glue and glitter to add to the festive decoration in my parents home. There was nothing that my parents did not OHHHHHHHHHH and Ahhhhhhhhhhhh over that I made. Pretty neat EY? I think I am going to be so laid back today that everyone will wonder. Heyya the knitting frenzy is almost over, just two more items…well actually three, but mine for me can wait. A movie just might do me good. See ya there! MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone and a Most Happy and Joyous New Year!

No comments: