Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Rip Wrap

First picture of the creek after I got in there>>> Several years ago we had some Bank stabilization done. Slowly the bank has shown great progress in maintaining ground cover and some of the trees we planted are thriving. Trees such as Water Willows which are perfect for the needs of stabilization. Of course there are those DERNED Box Elders. I had no view of the creek. I could barely see birds fly in and that was about it UNTIL…I got my trusty Clippers, suited myself in sturdy shoes, long sleeved shirt, gloves and a cap. I look at the brush covering the area and decide to use the path that the deer, cat, raccoons etc have used. While only half finished I was pleased and yesterday as I sat in my Nook slurping coffee and smelling the green peppers dehydrating I saw a Belted Kingfisher/ Ceryle alcyon. Maybe this weekend I can finish the rest of the bank.

No comments: