Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The 4 a.m. drip

OR ~~ Yes Judie I found your Voice mail message!” Who know why I awoke so early, perhaps it was the sounds of the geese outside rallying to support the sentinels guarding the Moms from the raccoon’s and/ or opossums. It could also be the spring is the time of sinus or the gentle sound of the rain dripping off the limbs of the trees as the frogs sing heartily through the night. Fully settled in the nook with the first cup of coffee my thoughts run about. These last three days have been successful in allowing Falcour out during the day while I worked in and about the yard. His coming in seems to be no problem in the evening. It seems he is a bit more content. He would sit in the windows seeing his buddies outside and I swear his eyed, as they would look at me, were saying “Ah come on just for a little bit can I go out and play?” You see Falcour belongs to our youngest son; we have been assigned temporary baby-sitting rights. He named his cat after the Luckdragon in Michael Ende's novel The Neverending Story. Only one luckdragon by the name of Falkor appears in the book (although five others are mentioned in passing); nevertheless, it is described with precision and detail. Good book, good movie and the cat is a dear too boot. My thoughts ramble to the upgrading of my cell phone and the query of “ why did I do this?” Well in this early morning reflections I am going through that process. To the best of my recollection the first mass use that I saw of them was when I was in Japan in 1998.I remember many restaurants, hotels and the like having signs that forbade the use of them in certain areas. I remember a couple of the men in our group even bought one to use, some people were in a great deal of wonderment why that was done. They feared it would not work back in the States was one persons opinion. I frankly wondered why about all of it. I really do not remember when my Sweetie got one. I do remember it seemed like a big deal. But then I was not really interested in that particular part of technology. HA I had my hand full with the computer for school use and pleasure. Judie and I went to Greece and Turkey I had read that there was little to no Internet available on the ship and any calls were going to be quite costly. We rented a mobile phone for the trip so we could stay in touch with our MEN! [Movie thought remember "ET Call Home"?] It was then I realized how out of sync I was in this form of wireless communications. I owe all I know TO DATE, to Judie, she taught me how to use the Cell, and buy the 7th time I was able to do it ALL BY MYSELF! So here I sit trying to figure this thing out! So far I have a greeting on the phone, I have entered family numbers, I found how to use the speakerphones and to do the calling by voice recognition simply by saying “Call Home”! I hear you all laughing heyya give me a break this is still new to me. Next on my agenda is to figure out how to take a picture then download it to my PC and to play with text messaging. On the Blue thing, the Jury is Still Out. Heyya it’s early in the week. Not to fear though, I do not believe I will be addicted, better put~ I shan’t allow that to happen. I think there is a rebel in me that does not want to conform to what everyone else is doing just because everyone is doing it. Practically speaking, the cell has it place in the car for emergency use. I see many people abuse it, but then who am I? There is rudeness in many areas… Now back to the Nook and a fresh cup of coffee and contemplate this new THING and the Proc and Cons. Its time for the BBC on NPR… Happy Tuesday! TTFN [(Ta Ta For Now) - A shorthand appended to a message meaning good-bye. Taken from Winnie the Pooh. Ummmm is that in my quick Texting options? PS: Don’t call me I’ll call you! I am still locating all the buttons! ;)

No comments: