Sunday, March 25, 2007

Dikili, Turkey

Touring Pergamum and Sardis (or Sardes) was the capital of the ancient kingdom of Lydia, a Roman city, and one of the Seven Churches of Revelation. Both Turkish and foreign vacationers come to Dikili for its relative calm and quiet, broken now and then by the horn of a cruise ship disembarking a crowd on its way to nearby Bergama (Pergamum). Pergamon, or Pergamum was an ancient Greek city in Mysia, that became an important kingdom during the Hellenistic period, under the Attalid dynasty (282-129 BC).
I had been so faithful about taking Airborne EXCEPT for one day. As I was sitting in the meeting place so we could go on today’s tour an inward feeling that staying back was the best for me to do. At least I was not Sea Sick this trip! Sadly I have no pictures of what I missed. I can say however, I take the Airborne regularly and feel quite ready to take on Patmos, Greece. There we are to visit the Monastery of St. John and the Grotto. I opted to SHOP finally. Hope our daughters will approve.
This is all of Dikili I saw!

1 comment:

Tene Murray said...

"MIND YOUR HEAD"????? How funny is that?