Sunday, March 11, 2007

Beware Greeks Bearing Gifts

Or Virgil’s Aeneid Origin An allusion to the story of the wooden horse of Troy, used by the Greeks to trick their way into the city. It is recorded in Virgil's Aeneid, Book 2, 19 BC: "Do not trust the horse, Trojans. Whatever it is, I fear the Greeks even when they bring gifts." While not Trojan Horse Trojan Horse~ just a huge Lufthansa Boeing 747, gifts I disembarked with. Now to decided when to disperse my treasures.
The best gift of all was seeing my Sweetie after this long trip… then I found Lufthansa Boeing 747 a most delicate claret colored rose lying upon my pillow. I was straight off to bed after traveling approximately 48 hours either by bus or plane from Istanbul. Amazingly enough I arose at a rather standard 6 a.m. for me that is. Next off to the Nook after tending to George and his needs I found yet another wine-colored rose in a gorgeous vase. There is STILL no place like home! Oh and by the by 557 pictures to begin to edit!

No comments: