Friday, November 17, 2006

Root of Evil

For sure not The Tooth Fairey There I was ~ all of a sudden ~ forced back to being in High School. If that is not scary enough, the principal confronted me as I was walking down the steps. “ What do you have in your hand?” he demanded as he glowered over me. I stammered, which if you know me does not often happen, “it…it…is a piece of celery,” then I managed to add “stuffed with peanut butter.” I then managed to finish quietly chewing the celery. “You will report for Detention and right now,” he said with a sickening evil grin. As I trotted in utter amazement at the predicament I was finding myself in, I heard footsteps racing from behind me… in rapid succession like a round of gunfire. I wheeled around, securing the ADDITIONAL piece of celery in my closed palm. [I was regaining some of my composure at this point] I looked up at this monster. “No, you will NOT go to Detention, that is too good for you.” Totally dumfounded I was immobilized waiting for the other shoe to crash down. “I will make an example of you in front of the entire Assembly that we are having. You will sit in the row in front of me EXACTLY in the chair in front of me.” Fade to the Assembly ~ There I was walking to the afore mentioned seat. I see this insipid, tedious man sitting with his leg crossed so that the toe of his shoe would hit me directly in the back. [Harassment in MY Dreams GADS] Fade to reality ~~~~~~~~~ It was a dream, a veritable nightmare! As I lay in the bed, wondering why, as my dreams for the most part silly, Disneyesque, ummmmmmmm! I re think what I had for dinner at 8 pm, ummm spaghetti with meatballs, AH HA, I knew then it had to be the garlic. Feeling rather good about my diagnosis I ambled out of bed. It was a torturous headache, no, it was worse. It was a TOOTH! The excruciating pain went from the base of my skull to the right eye and down to the tooth. It was obvious I needed to call the dentist. But I could not; I had to wait for the Dryer Repairman to come. Why the Celery? hummmmmmmmmm ‘They’ had called last evening saying he, the repairperson would be here between 8 am and 5:30 pm. OH GADS! As luck would have it the dryer was fixed by 10 am. [I watched how the part was replaced so I will not have to wait three weeks the next time] I call the dentist and all is well. Sorta! Antibiotics and pain pills are where we start, then a closer look at the problem. Happy Friday

No comments: