Monday, November 13, 2006

Leaves

Leaves and Kewl Toons Friday was gorgeous; Saturday was all right in terms of the weather. WVU winning made it a brighter day for sure. It was in the beginning of the early evening when the heavier rains came down. The wind picked up and with the moisture laying heavily upon the leaves of the maple tree the leaves began to cover the newly raked yard. The lush green grass quickly was covered once again. It was stunning. My Sweetie and I commented about it and he shared with me this Comic Strip that sorta goes with this post. I am in a quandary as to whether on not re rake or not. I only rake a small part of the yard delivering the leaves into a nearby flowerbed. I have, in past years, take pleasure in seeing a coverlet of snow without the leaves nudging their ends through. Now I speculate if I will continue to do that. They, the leaves are so appealing. I do feel duty-bound to at least tidy the areas under and near the bird feeders. For the birds safety you see. Of course the geese take pleasure in the dropped birdseed as well as that Good Looking Buck we saw the other nightfall.

No comments: