Monday, October 09, 2006

Wood it Knot be?

The wood sang as the splitter ran its sharp teeth through the length of the different woods. One thing that was amazing was as we split some of the old Apple logs we could still smell a hint of apple in the wood. That is so neat! Sounds that radiate from some of the logs made me think of the pressure inside an old wooden ship as the forces of the water made the vessel creak and moan, much like the sounds from the movie The Perfect Storm. While our job was made easier using a hydraulic splitter, the aches are still there. The Briggs and Stratton engine purred on.The, or rather my goal for the morning was to get one section of wood split and re stacked. Then the plan was to fix the typical farm breakfast for my Sweetie and sons. Much to my surprise and delight when we came in our youngest son was already making breakfast. I seldom have anyone make me breakfast so this was an especially lovely moment.

By 4:oo p.m. I was ready to begin the second section of wood. While our one son took the other son back to school my Sweetie and I got that finished. Then off I went to the local 7-11 for some milk, I just sat in the car, allowing the heated seat to begin to relax my muscles. Man it felt good. As I was driving out of the driveway I noticed the Shrooms. Made a mental note to take pictures when I returned, if I could walk at that point. HA! These new photos are a recent up date to this post of last Monday. Yet another lovely evening outside with my Sweetie, Life is Good as we sat there and enjoyed the antics of our Koi. HA and as the cats ALSO enjoyed the Koi antics. Today will be easier; son and I will only be planting trees. ;0 Happy Christopher Columbus Day (1451 - 1506)

No comments: