Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Low Impact Day

Our Monday was amazing, not only was the weather phenomenal, but they did a second cutting of hay. My Sweeties college roommate and his wife stopped in for an overnight visit. Haydn and Mary are really wonderful people. George was on his best behavior as well. Must be his age, Mellow Yellow! Which brings this song to mind…
Mellow Yellow
by Donovan released 1966
I'm just mad about Saffron
Saffron's mad about me
I'm just mad about Saffron
She's just mad about me Mellow Yellow…
Mary also arranges her spices in Alpha order and even wrote a cookbook, how kewl is that? I found out our couch and one chair is in, but the recliner and the credenza are not there yet. It is hard to wait until it is all ready to deliver, but we will.
Mid afternoon I took a walk in the woods. Do you know how long one has to sit still so the Chipmunks feel safe to come out? Next time I will not be sitting under a Hickory tree. As I began walking further down stream I could begin to distinguish the differences in the PLOPPS in the water of a walnut or a hickory.
Then I got Beaned! While many that know me will say I am hard headed, [and I am] getting a dent in my tĂȘte hurt. It was neat to gather some wild turkey feathers strewn under one of the nut trees. This morning came early as I sat out on the deck enjoying temperatures of 60 degrees. Listening to the crickets and woodland insects hum their mantra to welcome another glorious day. The occasional snort of a deer and the chucking of the turkeys 5:14 a.m. and the Rooster declares another dawn. Must be official now!

No comments: