Friday, April 25, 2008

What a DANDY Day

As a young child I thought these flowers were so PERFECT…I remember gathering them and presenting them in a tight fisted bouquet to my MOM…who would then place them in the most lovely vase… LONG A cause it was a pretty one…Not sure the [long] was the best vase but Mom made it seem so……………
I do remember Daddy getting a SPECIAL tool that would rid our City lawn of those flowers…IT never worked…

Some how I was DEEPLY Secretly relieved, so much so that in my teen years I would go past the PERFECT lawns of the city and BLOW the dandelion seeds, quite innocently… The name Dandelion comes from the French for lion’s tooth (dent de lion) and came about because of the shape of the leaves. They can be eaten...Edible Flower Recipes Check This Blog Some really neat ideas here ~~ Have a great Weekend…I am off to learn gardening stuff…from Heirloom tomatoes to seeing and hearing Alexander Stoddard ~~~~~~~~ I did not participate in these weeks Sky Watch Because… This, like tomorrow, will be the running of the General Lightburn Run…OUR 23rd Running… Whoooo Hooooooooooooooo

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check it out here:
OR

7 comments:

Ki said...

We tried dandelions once. I like a little bitterness but that was too much. Maybe we should have cooked it in two waters?

dot said...

You certainly captured their beauty in these photos.

Tom said...

Hi Dee
Beautiful pictures of a beautiful if not aggressive plants.. I know just what you mean about them.. I am always glad to see them about.. just not on my patch.. ha!
Do not worry about Sky Watch... what you have planned this weekend will take up plenty of time, and I'm sure the run will go very well again..

All the best to you and all the runners
Tom

Julie said...

Our garden is full of dandelions too! :) I do try to remove some each year but they do come back and I secretly love their bright yellow colour too.
Have a good run!

EG CameraGirl said...

Personally, I STILL love dandelions. I almost took a photo of some here in Ontario today. Maybe tomorrow!

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful Dee Mom!

Willard said...

That's a good documentary series on the dandelion. I enjoyed it very much.