Wednesday, April 02, 2008

ABC Wednesday Letter K

OR Every Knight has his DAY! Feel free to Join in here!

May I introduce you to MY KNIGHT? About four years ago I happened upon this and thought
~~
WOW what the perfect Fathers Day gift… ~~
A knight had to follow special laws and this was called chivalry. ~~ Well that is my Sweetie! ~~ These laws were difficult to follow because there were a lot of them. ~~ They had to be well behaved near women. ~~ Well that is my Sweetie for sure! ~~ A knight had to keep his word no matter what the case. ~~ Again that is my Sweetie!
~~
More at this Link
The Steps of Knighthood Medieval Recipes ~~ The Middle Ages, Chivalry, & Knighthood ~~ Can you solve this medieval riddle? ~~ Oft I must strive with wind and wave, Battle them both when under the seaI feel out the bottom, a foreign land. In lying still I am strong in the strife;If I fail in that they are stronger than I, And wrenching me loose, soon put me To rout.They wish to capture what I must keep. I can master them both if my grip holds out,If the rocks bring succor and lend support, Strength in the struggle. Ask me my name! ~~ Answer More Riddles HERE! ~~ True stories, fables and anecdotes from the Middle Ages Check out what this Educator and Students Developed!!!

~~~~~~~~

Kyrene de las Brisas Elementary. Located in Chandler, Arizona.

36 comments:

Rune Eide said...

Highly interesting - and I didn't pass on the riddle-test. Bother...

mrsnesbitt said...

Cor my mother in law would love this. She is a great puzzle breaker!
As a child I often had nightmares about these statues!
What an incredible surprise though.
Fantastic present.

ellen b. said...

Wow - that is one great knight and how cool that you bought it for your Knight! Love it. Fun post.

dot said...

Your knight in shining armour! I love it!

Kyanite said...

I did enjoy this post.
But, I can never solve riddles.
I thought of K is for knight but mines a little girl dressed as one.

Jan said...

Good Knight, a very interesting post. thank you.

Pernille said...

Wow!!! I just love your K to day! You did a nice job:)

Anonymous said...

Great photopraphs!

Katney said...

You actually have a suit of armor at your house? Awesome!

Luiz Santilli Jr said...

Beautiful but scare view!!

Have a nice day!

Luiz

Andrea said...

Love the Knight. Great post

Leslie: said...

This is really great! A bit of a history lesson along with some fun riddles. Good job! :D

Anne-Berit said...

Thats an interesting K-post:o)

Unknown said...

Great informativ post. Well done.
Have a nice day!

Nessa said...

Very cool.

Anonymous said...

Knights have always interested me. Thanks for your post.

Paulie said...

Well, that's one entry I never thought of for today!

Petunia said...

Interesting post! I'll show it to my son, Bulle! He loves knights!

Berit T said...

Beautiful again!!!!

imac said...

Nice photos and interesting reading.
Great K post.


Thanks for visiting my blog and kind comments.

BeeWild said...

What a great suit of armour and what a presenT!

Tom said...

Your very own Knight in Shining armour... well done.

Mrs Mac said...

WOW! What a great idea for "K"!!!

Ramosforest.Environment said...

Great Knight photos.

Stacey Olson said...

What a great gift for your husband, he sounds like a fine and worthy man. I have to admit I didn't get the riddle either.. sorry

DeeMom said...

FOr the ANSWER click on the Hyper link that says ANSWER

;)

Sharon said...

Very interesting! Your words about your sweetie were.....sweet! I didn't get the riddle.

Neva said...

A great "K"! I thought of knight but didn't have one! or could find one.

kRiZcPEc said...

Must feel safe with a knight nearby, thanks for sharing.

Powell River Books said...

I always loved knights, but mostly because they rode horses. And thanks for visiting my K is for kayak page. - Margy

AVCr8teur said...

I have never known anyone to own a set of knight armor. It is definitely a conversation piece.

photowannabe said...

What an amazing gift to give your sweetie. Its a fantastic K post too. As far as the riddle is concerned I guess I failed miserably.

BumbleVee said...

I thought perhaps a ship...didn't think anchor...

love knight for K.... I haven't done one this week.

Barbara said...

I am not very good at riddles - interesting post though.

kml said...

He is perfect for today's post! The only knight there has been!

VP said...

I didn't crack the riddle either. Great K post - see you next week!