Wednesday, April 02, 2008

ABC Wednesday Letter K

OR Every Knight has his DAY! Feel free to Join in here!

May I introduce you to MY KNIGHT? About four years ago I happened upon this and thought
~~
WOW what the perfect Fathers Day gift… ~~
A knight had to follow special laws and this was called chivalry. ~~ Well that is my Sweetie! ~~ These laws were difficult to follow because there were a lot of them. ~~ They had to be well behaved near women. ~~ Well that is my Sweetie for sure! ~~ A knight had to keep his word no matter what the case. ~~ Again that is my Sweetie!
~~
More at this Link
The Steps of Knighthood Medieval Recipes ~~ The Middle Ages, Chivalry, & Knighthood ~~ Can you solve this medieval riddle? ~~ Oft I must strive with wind and wave, Battle them both when under the seaI feel out the bottom, a foreign land. In lying still I am strong in the strife;If I fail in that they are stronger than I, And wrenching me loose, soon put me To rout.They wish to capture what I must keep. I can master them both if my grip holds out,If the rocks bring succor and lend support, Strength in the struggle. Ask me my name! ~~ Answer More Riddles HERE! ~~ True stories, fables and anecdotes from the Middle Ages Check out what this Educator and Students Developed!!!

~~~~~~~~

Kyrene de las Brisas Elementary. Located in Chandler, Arizona.

36 comments:

RuneE said...

Highly interesting - and I didn't pass on the riddle-test. Bother...

mrsnesbitt said...

Cor my mother in law would love this. She is a great puzzle breaker!
As a child I often had nightmares about these statues!
What an incredible surprise though.
Fantastic present.

ellen b. said...

Wow - that is one great knight and how cool that you bought it for your Knight! Love it. Fun post.

dot said...

Your knight in shining armour! I love it!

Blue said...

I did enjoy this post.
But, I can never solve riddles.
I thought of K is for knight but mines a little girl dressed as one.

Jan said...

Good Knight, a very interesting post. thank you.

Pernille's ting og tang said...

Wow!!! I just love your K to day! You did a nice job:)

Hanne Cecilie said...

Great photopraphs!

Katney said...

You actually have a suit of armor at your house? Awesome!

LUIZ SANTILLI JR. said...

Beautiful but scare view!!

Have a nice day!

Luiz

Andrea said...

Love the Knight. Great post

leslie said...

This is really great! A bit of a history lesson along with some fun riddles. Good job! :D

Anne-Berit said...

Thats an interesting K-post:o)

John said...

Great informativ post. Well done.
Have a nice day!

Nessa said...

Very cool.

Truls said...

Knights have always interested me. Thanks for your post.

Paulie said...

Well, that's one entry I never thought of for today!

Petunia said...

Interesting post! I'll show it to my son, Bulle! He loves knights!

Berit said...

Beautiful again!!!!

imac said...

Nice photos and interesting reading.
Great K post.


Thanks for visiting my blog and kind comments.

GatorUnit said...

What a great suit of armour and what a presenT!

Old Wom Tigley said...

Your very own Knight in Shining armour... well done.

Helena said...

WOW! What a great idea for "K"!!!

RAMOSFOREST.ENVIRONMENT said...

Great Knight photos.

Stacey Huston said...

What a great gift for your husband, he sounds like a fine and worthy man. I have to admit I didn't get the riddle either.. sorry

DeeMom said...

FOr the ANSWER click on the Hyper link that says ANSWER

;)

Sharon said...

Very interesting! Your words about your sweetie were.....sweet! I didn't get the riddle.

Neva said...

A great "K"! I thought of knight but didn't have one! or could find one.

kRiZ cPEc said...

Must feel safe with a knight nearby, thanks for sharing.

Powell River Books said...

I always loved knights, but mostly because they rode horses. And thanks for visiting my K is for kayak page. - Margy

AVCR8TEUR said...

I have never known anyone to own a set of knight armor. It is definitely a conversation piece.

photowannabe said...

What an amazing gift to give your sweetie. Its a fantastic K post too. As far as the riddle is concerned I guess I failed miserably.

BumbleVee said...

I thought perhaps a ship...didn't think anchor...

love knight for K.... I haven't done one this week.

starnitesky said...

I am not very good at riddles - interesting post though.

kml said...

He is perfect for today's post! The only knight there has been!

VP said...

I didn't crack the riddle either. Great K post - see you next week!