Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Last Stitch Effort?

Actually a Last-ditch effort is a desperate final attempt, as in We're making a last-ditch effort to finish on time. This expression alludes to the military sense of last ditch, "the last line of defense." Its figurative use dates from the early 1800s. What I, however am referring to is a new knitting stitch that I have attempted. This picture is my third attempt. While, as so noted, there is a mistake, I am making progress. Note that there is a TRAIL behind the frog THAT IS A GOOF on my part...Other wise know as A COVER UP!
The Learn to Knit Afghan Book by Barbara G. Walker is really great because I can learn all of these stitches in a small project that ultimately will end up as not only an afghan but expand my expertise in knitting in general. A totally Win Win as I see it. So as I prepare to leave the country I decided to keep my fingers nimble. Truth it was also to keep my mind off of being so darned excited. Like this morning 4:23 am I awoke and thought it was tomorrow and I needed to get up, shower and get to the plane. GEESH!
I will by this July have been knitting for three years. The only remarkable thing about that is the fact I even wanted to. My Mom is no doubt chuckling from above on that one. Got to give her credit, she never made me do it. She instead allowed me to be the Tom Girl that I was. [Dad did too!]
Of course there are many funny stories of many of our childhoods. I suppose the funniest is the first time I made dinner for my then Boyfriend, now my Sweetie. He still is a brave man, even after eating what was supposed to have been meatloaf. Utensils used, a spoon! Now off to repack for the 4th time! We weighed the luggage and I am at 37 pounds could go 5 more pounds…but then I need room for souvenirs!

No comments: