Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Frogs and ~~

Tiki gods This particular morning as I ate 1/3 of a piece of dry toast and ½ of a banana while supping on tea, my table companions, in conversation brought up Beads and hair braiding. A lovely couple in their 70’s talked about some of their cruises. When one lady passed our table with her children the woman noted all the beads and braids. She wondered why ANYONE in their right mind would do such a thing. I paused mid sip and commented, “well they could do drugs.” Her face told it all, she did not understand what or why I said what I had. I quickly added well when you see me at dinner tonight I just might have some of those beads in my hair. Sometimes I just do not know when to keep my mouth shut I guess. Of course all along I had decided I would get a bead braid or two, it sure was not to show the lady and her husband, whom I never saw after that. Bet they would not have understood why I had a frog tattoo. Umm! The private island was neat. My travel companion was snorkeling while I was recovering. The native crafts etc were interesting. I especially loved seeing the Sea Fans like the ones I had seen when I was on the Submarine. Yes I bought one also a starfish and even a bottle of sand from the island. Of course there was a great need to get silly t-shirts as well. It was neat to see the some of the staff dressed in a Tux serving Tooty Fruity drinks to the swimmers, then again more parasailing. In my next life I shall try it.

No comments: