Friday, April 21, 2006

So much to celebrate!

When I was drifting toward wakefulness this morning I heard the odd noise. I drifted back to sleep and envisioned my self back at the Atlanta Botanical gardens in the Orchid house with the frogs. I again awakened and decided to ease out of bed and go forth with the morning tasks. Good golly it was almost 7 am. There was a low hanging fog outside as well as in my morning brain. The last task was to feed George and open the cold frame so the plants could awake as well. It was then I heard this melodious trilling. I gazed deep into the meadow thinking it was emanating from the subterranean aquifer. I started back to the deck it was then I realized the sound was coming from the Koi pond. What a thrill we have new residents. Yes frogs! The song that popped into my head was The Three Dog Night doing Celebrate! Relishing in the excitement of the work we have been doing, although it is not finished, led me to thinking about coming events. My first Wedding shower, as the MOB is quickly imminent, rather thrilling. Decisions on what to be dressed in, shoes, GADS even stockings all sorts of neat bits and pieces. All of this got me looking into the lore of showers. There was one I read. This I had visualization of this NEVER occurring. An old Scottish belief for good fortune: A bride should be met at the door after the wedding ceremony by her mother, who must then break a currant bun over her daughter's head. The mere thought of this had me rolling on the floor. HA! We also have a pending birth of another cousin. Lets see an Aunt to 7, great Aunt to 6 males, and 1 girl. How neat is that. Of course two May Birthdays and the BIGGIE in June THE WEDDING! You see there is a lot to CELEBRATE!

No comments: