Thursday, April 20, 2006

Ramblings

Last evening we sat after getting three more boards ready for the Koi pond. One late bloomer Mom goose decided she was going to AGAIN build her nest in the only flower bed I have that is not a ‘raised’ one. I raked her out, which is I used the rake to discourage her attempts to nest. I only waved it so she would think my WING SPAN was bigger. NOW before you get upset with me allow an explanation. Last year she devastated my newest flower garden area. The entire Iris grouping was eaten, the lavender was consumed and because she was nesting I could not maintain what was left of this area. Last fall I placed post on the perimeter of the garden and purchased plastic fencing fearing that next spring she would return to the same spot. My sweetie and I had the fencing up while we were in Atlanta and last weekend thought it would be safe to remove it. HA! Last night it was apparent that the scolding and ‘RAKING” was having no impact on her, she was bound to do it her way. I re installed the fencing and we once again sat down admiring the progress of the Koi pond. Our attention was drawn from surveying our project to the disgruntled goose. Now I tell ya what I cannot be totally sure about this BUT I do believe she was not saying nice things about me. She circled the area a good half dozen times before we went in for the evening, giving me the EVIL EYE. She was not a happy camper. I think one of those Honks was a major BAD word. If looks could kill I would have been gone. My sweetie gave me one of those Basset Hound looks and lamented I should allow her to nest in that location. If we did not have many other places and areas for her to nest I would have…BUT! I suppose I could have told her to BITE ME, but then realized she COULD if she had really wanted to.

1 comment:

DeeMom said...

I could not do that, we have had some of the geese for twenty years, and have seen most grow up right here before our very watchful eyes.
But today as we continue to work on the Koi pond I shall know if SHE is still irked with me...