Wednesday, April 26, 2006

FOWL, Coy, even 'zwerg'

A "brouhaha" in the early hours of the dawning light; Scramble, wash the face, get shoes on a go forth to the PO. 6:41 am the call came in piercing the silence that I enjoy in the misty morning. I arrive and draw together the babies into a preheated automobile. Ye gads it was 34 degrees brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! My toes were all a quiver. In German, the Call Duck is known by the title ’zwerg’, meaning 'dwarf'. Call ducks were originally known as Coy ducks or decoy ducks from the Dutch word de kooi meaning 'trap'. We now have 15 ducklings…as well as last week’s new residents! One dozen PEEPS! Peeps are cute little chicks that are very very sweet (kind of like my sweetie!) AKA
The lord of the PEEPS!!!
I did find this rather interesting site as I was gathering information on the Calls! Mom Goose is still nestled at the base of on of the pine trees. While the Mom Goose that was trying to invade my garden relocated among the greenbrier close to a utility pole. The Three Dudes have started bringing me tokens of their love. YUP carcasses of moles!!! The wisteria is almost totally blooming; the asparagus is shooting forth in magnificent profusion; one of my fav veggies.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

DeeMom said...

Marshmallow research?
Are you doing a basic science study focusing on the basic attributes and reactions of Peeps to simple conditions and stimuli? Careful the Bunnies might get ya!