Sunday, April 09, 2006

“CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?”

OR The Mantra experience in the TUNNELS It was an overcast, foggy, rainy and gloomy day as we were driving back from Atlanta. As I entered the first tunnel I was in front of two semis. I know that speed through tunnels is to be reduced, I also THOUGHT I knew that you are cautioned NOT to change lanes while going through the tunnels. This however was not the case. At the time I did not realize the two tunnels I drove through were exceptions. The neat part, or at least I thought so, was my reactions to the sounds. Big Walker Mountain near Bland and the East River Mountain Tunnel near Bluefield. http://www.roadstothefuture.com/I81_I77_VA.html There's something else uncommon about the two I-77 tunnels, they both permit motorists to change lanes while inside them. As the truckers down shifted the sounds were totally Tibetan, the probably aggravations on their part seemed to heighten the rumbling guttural sounds that radiated from their 18 wheels. I felt like I was in some Lost Horizon flick [1937 movie based on the book by James Hilton] A mantra is a pure sound-vibration intended to deliver the mind from illusion and material inclinations.

1 comment:

DeeMom said...

wish you could have been there, the smells were totally awesome, the frogs were sweet in their trills