Wednesday, April 19, 2006

EARTH DAY April 22, 2006

Yesterday was very productive as I transplanted about 30 tomato plants and 5 pepper plants into our NEW AND IMPROVED Cold frame. [See posting;”It is all about being framed!”] My sweetie has maintained a garden for many years. This year I will be joining his efforts as time is on myside. I will tell you my garlic is to die for. Place an early order for Christmas, or come down to help harvest in late July! Last Year You Planted A Tree This Year, Plant A Seedwww.earthdinner.org, very interesting. April 22, 2006 is the thirty-sixth celebration of Earth Day. This year's theme is Climate Change as Earth Day Network embarks on a three-year campaign focusing on solutions to global warming. Although ideally everyday should be Earth Day, the annual holiday presents the perfect opportunity to learn more about ecology and the environment. Goodness back to food ey? Ummmmmmmm one might think I am a FOODIE!

1 comment:

DeeMom said...

Dear "T" the next time we come to DC AFTER the wedding I shall bake youa Pecan Pie. YOu just need to tell me what flavor you wish.