Thursday, May 08, 2008

As we approach Mother’s Day Jazzy is on my mind…

Most of all the other beautiful things in life come by twos and threes, by dozens and hundreds. Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers and sisters, aunts and cousins, comrades and friends - but only one mother in the whole world. ~Kate Douglas Wiggin
~~
Jazzy and the veterinarian SIGH I guess I sweated bullets for nothing… ~~ As I write today’s blog the puppies are in their Playpen eating…it is raining outside soooooooooooo the Playpen is now my office…SIGH ;)
My Sweetie took Jazzy to the Vet’s last evening, I patiently waited, and waited, and waited………………………………. Finally I see him coming down the driveway, was she still in the car? Had something gone wrong? OH the wait is a killer for sure. He drives into the football field [a term we have labeled the side yard…] My Sweetie gets out, leans back in the car and says,” Come on Jazzy.” I am relieved she is with him. All sorts of things went through my head the longer the Vet visit seemed to take… “Well, what did the Vet say?” I queried?

~~

“Vet said we have a dog.” AARRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH sometimes men are …….. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

~

At any rate here is the good news!

While Jazzy is only 40 pounds [typical weight for her at her age should be 55 to 60 #], she has been given all her shots, and is due for a booster in three weeks. We will be holding off spaying her until she gains weight. She was a perfect Lady I was told, in the car, on the table as well as getting her shots… As we sat outside last evening enjoying a lovely spring evening we learned something new about Jazzy…I honestly believe she has never seen ducks or geese, at apparently she is apprehensive of the cats…SO FAR. Our youngest son found out she will play fetch with a yellow squeaky toy…SO some training has happened in her life…now to re tune it. Again she needs time to adjust to better health, her new life and us. We chastised her behavior with the cats. We told her it was OK about the ducks and geese…the peaceable Kingdom here works for us… And she SURE knows she is NOT allowed on the sofa! George is not allowed on the sofa either… Is it not entertaining how we all differ in the rules on our homes? Whether it be children, cats, dogs etc?

3 comments:

dot said...

What a sweet baby she is!

tulipa said...

Hi
What a lovely picture!!!

Do you like cinema? You are invited to read my comments about movie I have seen this week:

Carell stars as Dan Burns, a widower and father to three girls. Jane (Alison Pill), the oldest, is subdued and desperately ready to drive.
Cara (Brittany Robertson) is overly dramatic and a bit too involved in the boy she’s know for three weeks.
Lilly (Marlene Lawston) is the youngest, the cutest, and possibly the smartest of the three.
Dan’s wife has been gone for four years, and his entire family is ready for him to move on.
During a traditional weekend spent at his parent’s vacation home, Dan meets Marie (Juliette Binoche), possibly the woman of his dreams, who turns out to be dating his brother Mitch (Dane Cook).

Hugs.

Lilli & Nevada said...

Oh she is so adorable, they are so much fun