Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A lazy late summer walk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Soon it will be the autumnal equinox (Sept. 23, 2007, 5:51 A.M. EDT), the sun appears to cross the celestial equator, from north to south; this marks the beginning of autumn in the Northern Hemisphere. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Before long the garden will be ready to rest as we await the first seed catalogues around the latter part of December. The anticipation of once again popping a sun-warmed cherry tomato into my mouth will send wonderful memories and I feel sure extra salivations in my mouth. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Knowing that this year much work was to be done around here I did no canning. It was a joy just to gather the salad fixings and head back to the kitchen. Better still knowing what had NOT been on our foods. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Today we plant the twelve trees that I got for my Sweetie. Ha I sorta knew he would not be back in time to help, tee hee. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Tomorrow I will dig up the celery and dehydrate. HA now that I have room to set the dehydrator up on the deck once again. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Maybe next week I will at least can some Apple pie filling. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Directions for Making Apple Pie Filling

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I just love the geese, ducks and kitties! You are so lucky to be living on a farm - it looks so neat. The pictures are very pretty. Hope you'll be having lots of help planting all those trees. It sounds like a big job.

The pickyourown.org is a really excellent site! I'm going crazy with it....think I'll try some homemade applesauce this weekend. Thanks for the link, I added it to my favorites.

DeeMom said...

Thanks Alyssa in regards to the pictures.
Glad you like the site…
As for the trees I had help only took 2 hours…