Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Crape myrtle/ Lagerstroemia indica

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee Skippyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I found my Crape Myrtle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
** The 6 petals of the flowers are wrinkled, suggesting crinkled tissue paper, hence the name ” crepe” myrtle.
************* IT had been hidden behind stacks of roofing materials, ladders paint cans etc… Bottom-line it LIVES!

****************

I first noticed this plant on the campus of the THEN Randolph Macon Woman’s College. I knew one day I would get one to plant, not only because it is a lovely plant, but also for the memories it evokes. Ummmmmm Maybe it would live in the DC area??? I need to be Checking Zones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
************************* Founded as Randolph-Macon Woman’s College in 1891

***************

Randolph-Macon became co-educational in 1972 and Randolph College became co-educational in 2007 and the two schools are now governed by two separate boards. But that is another story.

No comments: