Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Illusive Golden Couch!

Boggles MY mind Whoo Hoooooooooooooo, going furniture buying. A furniture shopping we will go.............a furniture shopping we will go (can't remember the last piece of furniture we bought, how sad is THAT) Unless you count the $14 dollar Thing, but that IS Special! A nightmare of couches swooping in and out of the night’s oppressive heat. Mocking couches, angry sales people, ugly materials…OH NO! A memory of the couch I sat in as a wee child, before Mom got the hideous French provincial sofa that no one sat on. Well Plastic over fabric Bites. Plus it was beige, and I was a tom girl, yikes Pressure even then! I need a respite from all of this. There is way too much information out there. I have an idea. Yup time to get another pedicure. Ummmmmm what colour this time? Silly? Well no actually. You see when one is looking at sofas and chairs one need to get comfortable in them, Its called The 'tush test'! [Tee hee then I can admire my toes ;0] Of course if I get that tattoo... Yup since last week I/we have been test driving products, you need to know whether the sofa you're considering can stand up to your flop. Yesterday Sharon and I test-drove several. The other person sitting on the other end will give you an idea of how it responds when two people sit on it. Serious things like… Is the seat depth right? When you scoot back, do your feet touch the floor with knees comfortably bent? A real challenge for the vertically challenged! Can you stand up easily from it? Next time I go out to test drive I shall take my knitting and a book. Fully stretch out as I would at home. Stay awhile. Try a variety of positions. Could you nap on it? Watch TV? Figure at the end there will be a lot of “Tweaking” as far as fabrics that will work, colours etc. Tell ya what while we are enveloped in this heat wave, at least furniture stores have AC. And heck I can get some knitting accomplished too boot! Updates later especially when I begin to dissect the potential illusive Golden Couch! Look out I have the Consumer Report in hand!

2 comments:

Tene Murray said...

A kin to the "Golden Ticket"??? Hell yeah! Make sure that bad boy's COMFY before bringing it home, only to find out that your tushie and the sofa do not get along, and then you're stuck with it... I'm with ya on this one - especially if it's been ages since you've had a new one... WHOOP IT UP!!! :)

DeeMom said...

Right on TKM
that is hitting the proverbial nail on the head with a hammer