Friday, August 18, 2006

5AM on a mid summers morning

The light creeps slowly to fill the openings among the tree branches. The birds have yet to wake, there are a few stray lightning bugs wafting down from the higher branches of the stately pine trees. The fingernail moon gently rests on the wisp of a cloud. In the distance the crowing of a rooster, the sounds of the water cascading down the rocks and the snore of the faithful dog by my side…the smells of the remaining garlic in the dehydrator on the deck, the gentle hum of the machine. The coffee looking like the murky Little Kanawha River. A cat prances toward my robed lap uttering deep purrs of delight. I sit, I stretch, and I take in the quiet beauty that surrounds me. The cat and I are like one in our morning aerobics. The light becomes more intense as do the cauliflower clouds as they are quickly consuming the moon; the birds begin their coral arrangements as the raccoon sidles off the porch, having consumed his or her morning breakfast. There is an exclamation cloud showing the trail of a jet overhead…time for more coffee. No city lights, no city sounds and no city smells…I like this place I call HOME! Time to allow SOUNDS to enter, radios, showers, TV’s, people, cars, trucks…and Dishwashers. Happy Friday!

No comments: