Saturday, March 29, 2008

Grumble Grumble

Is there a hidden Principle here?

?????

Ok here it is the beginning of spring and THINGS need to begin.
???
First the Cold Frame needs assembled then the cover placed over it so I can transplant some herbs to larger containers. Then by the end of May the plants will be larger and healthy and ready to be in the outside Veggie Garden. Rosemary, Sage, Oregano and Fennel SO FAR
???
ALAS and ALACK, the cover has deteriorated, YIKES and Gadzooks what NOW?
My Sweetie had located a place in the UK that has exactly what we need…
???
SIGH, no answer to his several e-mail queries… NOW WHAT…well that easy, takes a look at what scrap plastic and mailing tape MIGHT solve for the moment.
??
I suppose what “Chips my nails” the most is purchasing this in the states but the place where we purchased it provides NO replacement cover… WHAT GIVES WITH THAT?
?? OH no dear consumer you will have to purchase the entire unit… HUH? Well Duh and Excuse me!
$69 dollars to get a NEW unit…to replace what we need…$30…NOT bad ya BUT
??
Guess what they changed the shape of the metal poles,
?
Ummmmm If my Math serves me well that is about $60 us dollars RIGHT?
So it seems we are in a quandary… IF the Company in England ever gets back with us we pay @ $ 60 US PLUS shipping…
NOW the poles come to a true point,
OR get a new cold frame for $70 US Plus Shipping… are we chasing our tails here?
??
BUT had the US Company not changed the metal design we would only have to put for $30 Plus Shipping…
?? The one we still have is shaped differently…
?????????
OK I am finished RANTING… grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ???
It will be better tomorrow ;=)

6 comments:

Annie said...

Modern times bring modern angst, everything is so specialized and few bother to repair things. I hope you find what you need, DeeMom. Did you look on Ebay, maybe?

Lilli & Nevada said...

Yes i think i would be grumbling too. Sad. Any Duct Tape? they say it does wonders

Tom said...

Dee you have an email..

I would certainly try looking up a retailer over there.. shipping might be higher than you think. If you have to get a complete unit I'm sure a garden centre or market gardener could sort you out much cheeper than shipping one over from here.
Do you by any chance have what we call 'Gaffa' Tape over there... a very strong tape with woven thread through... it sure would hold that sheeting in place. I carry a roll in my tool box and it as got me home in the landrover when a radiator hose split.

Good luck.. best layed plans comes to mind...
Tom

EG CameraGirl said...

Dee you mad me laugh...but I'm sorry, really I am. Sometimes misery likes company. LOL

Hope you find a solution to your problem soon. Why does everything have to be so hard, eh? ;-)

DeeMom said...

Heyya thank you all for your input, Sweetie will be reading these comments soon.
Lilli & Nevada said...
Any Duct Tape?
Sweetie thought it would be better to use a clear tape so the sunlight could get through

OTHER wise, duct tape is a good option

'Gaffa' Tape over there... a very strong tape with woven thread through... it sure would hold that sheeting in place. I carry a roll in my toolbox and it as got me home in the land rover when a radiator hose split.

He will check that out TOM

Annie said...
Modern times bring modern angst, everything is so specialized and few bother to repair things.
SAD for sure Annie…
Guess when it works it is a pride thing if we can fix it… like BACK IN THE DAY? SIGH.
Your EG Tour Guide said... Dee you made me laugh...but I'm sorry, really I am. Sometimes misery likes company. LOL

The way I see it one has to find the humor in things, else life would be the PITS. It will work out somehow I feel sure…

Coy Hill said...

Thanks for the linkage.

Too bad we live in a throw-away society, but then just think about the future when humanity will be mining our landfills for all of the resourses they contain.

Check out fiberglass reinforced tape, i think it may be what Tom is talking about. It isn't clear but it is translucent and it will hold a ton.