Sunday, November 18, 2007

After the chores

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The weekend ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The veggie garden blanketed for the winter. A slow walk with Pollux, Pollux said to me, and I heard it for sure, “ Leave those LEAVES…it’s time to relax, besides I need to talk to you.”
If you Squint REALLY hard…there is a wee face in that seed pod, looks like a CAT face to me
Castor chose to “assist” my Sweetie while he was making new nesting boxes for the chickens.
Pollux is also the first star visible from earth which is known to have an extrasolar planet in orbit.
~~~~~~~~~ Behind the names of my cats. The Greek/Roman Mythology of it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(β Gem / β Geminorum / Beta Geminorum) is one of the brightest stars in the constellation Gemini and one of the brightest in the nighttime sky.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tomorrow the walk begins...

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

I just love the way you have your vegetable garden set up. It is so neat and organized. I also use ancient mythological names for my dogs - Thea is Greek and Garm is Norse. The fish and rice sounds yummy and I hope your team won. (I don't ever look or listen to sports so I don't know how things turned out for you.)

Tom said...

Hi 'D'..ha!
A few things I liked today.. I did see the little face.. with a little smile.
Your veg garden looks great, all set out proper.. what do you grow?

Your hubby... now that picture tells me he is used to work, and can turn his hands to most things... any man that wears braces as he dose knows his stuff for sure. I used to see them all the time. The only time I see them now they are holding up the pants of fishermen or builders.

I will go looksee on the links to the stars later when I have more time.
'O'

Anonymous said...

My friend in Canada uses raised beds like your picture shows and also tall fences to keep the deer out. It is something that they can sometimes jump in and out anyway.

DeeMom said...

Alyssa, the garden idea was my Hubbies, rather a good one at that I might add. So easy to work around…
The fish was awesome, the rice was triple awesome…

By the By WVU won….

Hi there “ O “

Ya saw the cat face, and the SMILE …KEWL

We grown tomatoes, beans, corn, then I add to the mix Lettuces, onions, Celery, Eggplant, and Dill, broccoli, sometimes Brussels sprouts, spinach, cauliflower, carrots, beets peas: what ever seems to strike my fancy. Next year I have been promised a raised bed for my herbs….

AH HA you noticed the suspenders, aka braces or gallowses
Gallowses, which was in constant use in early. days, but " slings " or " braces " now ...

Abraham, the fence around the garden is mostly to keep the ducks and geese and their babies out. I dare say the local groundhog takes his WAY with the garden though. The deer do not bother the garden I suppose that is because we have George, and we walk with him often.