Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Land Lubber gains sea legs

Life Jacket Drill~~ When we first entered our cabin, our orange "designer" life jackets, complete with buckles, flashlight and whistle were laid out on the beds. The jackets are HUGE and they have these nifty collars that will cure forever the bad posture your mom used to always yell at you for. Within a very short time we heard the first of a zillion announcements about THE LIFE BOAT DRILL While this was a drill for the passengers later in the week the crew also had a safety drill. I found out that once each week a Fire and Boat Drill is conducted on board ship. The purpose of this weekly drill is to make sure that each crewmember knows exactly what to do in case of a fire or other disaster that would require a person to leave the ship.
So how does it all start? Ships Log [January 20, 2007] Suffice it to say I did not ROCK the boat it rocked me. Home then Atlanta to Miami then to the ship, while the flight was uneventful the Temperature change was. Leaving with temperatures hovering in the high 20’s and arriving in Miami with temperature in the high 80’s. Layering of clothing is always a wise concept as I see it. The saying goes, “Pack everything you think you will need, and get rid of half of it." Miami International Airport or MIA was a bustling hub of activity for sure but easy to get through and advance to the ship. While waiting for the shuttle for the luggage and the passengers I had time to stow my jacket and shed my socks. Not too interesting to many but sure pleased me that my pre planned efforts were working.

1 comment:

DeeMom said...

and even the picture of the frog tattoo?